What is Knowledge Manager?
A component of Microsoft Site Server that makes it easy for visitors to your site to find information and receive updates when information is added or changed. Knowledge Manager enables users to:
- Search for information by entering a word or a phrase.
- Browse predefined categories of information (similar to Yahoo! categories).
- View personal knowledge briefs, which are summaries of information on a specific topic that consist of Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) or saved searches. Users can set up their own personal briefs (called My Briefs) or subscribe to briefs created by experts in the organization. They can receive updates by e-mail, from a briefing channel, or by revisiting the Web page.
- Create Shared Briefs for sharing information with colleagues.
- View the Channel Center, which lists available channels.